Have you ever thought about opening a small business but were unsure what type of business to go into? Have you always considered yourself an aspiring entrepreneur, but have trouble deciding what business idea would suit you? Making a decision to start a business is difficult, but the key to success is finding a business that’s right for you. How do you know if you are making the right decision, though?
1. Some small business ideas have turned into a great opportunity for gardeners. Have a green thumb? Turn your hobby into a business by opening up a flower shop or a landscaping company.
2. Does your day start and end with a great cup of java? Open up a coffee and doughnut shop. There are lots of coffee shops out there, make yours stand out by staying open late.
3. Did you know that many taxi services in small towns close down at midnight? The problem is that many bars stay open until 2:00 a.m. Use this knowledge to open up a late night taxi service. Not only can you make money, but you can save lives by offering an alternative to drunk driving.
4. Open up a pet day care service. Most people work during the day, but don’t want to kennel their animals during that time. This could be a great niche business. Branch out later by offering pet grooming as well.
5. Are you an avid book reader? Open up a used book store. Do you enjoy the thrill of the hunt? Specialize in finding rare books for your customers.
6. Are you a jack-of-all-trades? Handy at fixing things around the house? Start a small business offering services as a handyman. Offer competitive prices and start building a clientele and you could be on your way.
7. With foreclosures on the rise, it might be a good idea to start a business offering foreclosure cleaning. Some foreclosures have been severely neglected by previous owners and the pay for such cleanups could be lucrative.
8. Do you like to cook? Are you experienced in cooking for large crowds? Start an event catering company.
These are just a few business ideas. Think about what you enjoy doing and what you are good at. You can find a use for any talent and the things people will pay for may surprise you!
Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Beyond Hiroshima - The Non-Reporting of Falluja's Cancer Catastrophe.