Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mother, son killed in Austin

Updated: Monday, 01 Nov 2010, 10:13 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 01 Nov 2010, 10:13 PM CDT

AUSTIN (KXAN) - You might call it a mother's intuition. Mona Yeargin said she knew something was wrong last Sunday evening when her daughter failed to return home with Mona's grandson, Sebastian.

"I felt it Sunday because she always answered her cell phone and she didn't answer the cell phone," said Yeargin.

She had reported her daughter, Carla Alvizo, and her grandson, Sebastian, missing on Monday, October, 25. On Friday, an Austin police officer knocked on Mona's door and told her the news she had feared for days. The bodies of her daughter and grandson had been discovered at a home in East Austin.

"I just wanted to scream," she remembered. "That was my baby girl. And that was my baby grandson."

Sebastian, a first grader, lived with his grandmother most of the time, but he spent weekends with his mom, Carla. The two were found dead Friday in a room rented by Alvizo's on and off again boyfriend, Marco Antonio Garcia, know to Mona as "Tony."

"I'd seen him a few times, but I didn't really know him," said Yeargin.

Garcia is a suspect in the Alvizo killings. He has already been charged with Capital Murder in the death of Ed Stout, a man he worked odd jobs for over the last decade. A spokesperson for Immigration and Customs Enforcements confirmed Monday they are investigating Garcia's immigration status. They would not confirm reports that Garcia had been deported to Mexico in 2008. He is on an immigration hold at the Travis County jail.

Yeargin said her daughter told her Garcia had been deported and was back in the United States illegally.

As she prepares to memorialize her daughter and grandson, Yeargin recalls the last time she saw them.

"The last words he said to me was, 'bye meemaw,' and I said, 'OK, bye son,' and I said 'I love you,' Yeargin remembered tearfully Monday. "(He said) 'Meemaw, I love you more.' That was the last words he said to me- the last words he spoke to me."

A memorial service will be help for the Alvizos on Wednesday morning at 10:30 a.m. at Westover Hills Church of Christ.

?

?

?

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Beyond Hiroshima - The Non-Reporting of Falluja's Cancer Catastrophe.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment